With the perfect amount crisp and crunch, huevos rancheros an excellent breakfast dish. This recipe uses both a crunchy tostada and corn tortillas to add another layer of texture to the dish.
Using Chopped Chile Co.'s Chopped Red Chile, you can make your own delicious huevos rancheros.
Serving Yield: 2 Plates
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- 4 Tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Chopped White Onion
- 1/3 Cup Refried Pinto Beans
- 1/3 Cup of Pinto Beans
- 2 Tostadas
- 2 Medium Sized Corn Tortillas
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Chile Co. Red Chile
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- Heat 2 Tsp vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent.
Add refried beans and the pinto beans, stir until warm.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet over high heat. For sunny side eggs, crack an egg into the skillet. Cover immediately. After one minute, reduce heat to low. Let eggs cook for another three minutes. Whites should be fully cooked and the yolks should be runny.
- To assemble, place tostadas on two plates, top with refried beans. Heat soft corn tortillas over a burner or in the microwave. Top beans with soft corn tortilla. Top with eggs and pour Chopped Chile Co. Red Chile on top. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and enjoy!