Rolled tacos incorporate the perfect amount of crunch and flavor. Pair the filling with chile and now you have the perfect amount of heat and spice.
Using Chopped Chile Co. Chopped Red Chile and Chopped Green Chile, you can make these amazing rolled tacos.
Serving Yield: 24 Rolled Tacos
Prep Time: 35 min
Cook Time: 25 min
- 2lbs Ground Beef
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Can Corn
- Vegetable Oil
- 18 - 24 Corn Tortillas
- 2 Cups Grated Mild Cheddar or Monterey Jack
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Chopped Chile Co. Red Chile and Green Chile
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add beef, breaking up the beef while cooking. When the beef browns, add in chopped onion, garlic powder, salt, cumin, and the can of corn with some of its liquid. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for around 10 minutes. Mash the corn into the meat.
Let the mixture brown in the pan. It will start to stick, scrape the browned bits and break into smaller pieces. Let mixture brown then keep warm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Pour about an inch of oil into a deep skillet or heavy saucepan. Heat oil until it starts to ripple. Using a pair of tongs, briefly dip each tortilla into the hot oil until it becomes limp. Remove and drain onto paper towels, repeat with remaining tortillas.
Spoon 1 - 2 tablespoons of the filling onto a tortilla. For half of the rolled tacos, add 1 Tbsp of green chile. Use 1 Tbsp of red chile for the other half. Transfer each taco to a baking sheet and repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Bake the tacos for 20 minutes or until crispy. Sprinkle with cheese, return to oven to melt the cheese. Serve with sour cream and salsa.