Cheddar biscuits are delicious on their own, but what would happen if we introduced green chile into them. It would add just the perfect amount of kick to make them even more enjoyable.
Using Chopped Chile Co. Chopped Green Chile, you can introduce a whole new life to these biscuits.
Serving Yield: About 15 Biscuits
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 5 Tbsp Cold Butter
- 1 Cup Cold Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Chile Co. Green Chile
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- Extra Cheddar to top biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper. Divide the cold butter and combine with the flour mixture until small crumbs are formed.
- Add buttermilk and mix until combined. Add in cheese and green chile until incorporated in the sticky dough.
Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of flour on top of the dough.
- Knead the dough 6 times and pat into a 1/2'' thick circle. Cut 2'' biscuits and place on parchment paper about 1'' apart.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the biscuits and bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!