Red Chile Sauce is a staple for any New Mexican dish. There's a plethora of dishes you can create with red chile sauce. The tangy, crisp, spicy flavor brings a whole new life to any dish.
Using Chopped Chile Co. Chopped Red Chile, you can make your own red chile sauce. This recipe shows you exactly how to make your very own red chile sauce enhanced with authentic chile from Hatch, New Mexico.
Serving Yield: 2 - 3 cups
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 40 min
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Chopped Chile Co. Red Chile
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Onion Finely Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves Peeled and Grated
- 1 Tsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- In a medium sauté pan, add vegetable oil and onions. Sauté until soft. Add garlic then cook for another minute.
- Add flour, stir for one minute. Add stock while continuously whisking to prevent any lumps.
- Gradually add the broth, whisking quickly and constantly to smooth out any lumps.
- Add Chopped Chile Co. Red Chile and salt to a blender. Blend until smooth. Add the blended chile to the pan. Bring to a boil and simmer for another 15 minutes until thickened.
- Pour sauce into a bowl or mason jar. Add to your desired foods!