Salsa is a staple Mexican dish that almost everyone knows and loves. Salsa is a refreshing yet tangy dish that pairs well with many foods.
Using Chopped Chile Co. Chopped Red Chile, you can elevate the traditional salsa.
Serving Yield: 2 - 3 cups
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 2lbs Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 Small White Onion Chopped
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Chile Co. Red Chile
- 1/2 Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin
- Salt to Taste
- Add tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, red chile, garlic, cilantro and lime juice to a blender or food processor. Process until just fairly smooth.
In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil. Transfer the salsa into the pot along with cumin and salt.
- Bring to a light and quick boil then simmer for 10 minutes. Salt to taste and let cool.
- Once cooled, refrigerate. Serve with chips or with any dish and enjoy!